To be eligible for election, a School Board candidate must:
- Be a citizen of the United States
- Be a resident taxpayer of the District
- Be a resident of the district and resided in Missouri for a minimum of one year preceding election
- Be at least 24 years of age
- Not be delinquent in the payment of any state income taxes, personal property taxes, municipal taxes or real property taxes
- Not be found guilty of nor have pled guilty to a felony under the federal laws of the United States of America or to a felony under Missouri law or an offense committed in another state that would be considered a felony in Missouri
- Not be a registered sex offender pursuant to Missouri law
- Have all required campaign disclosure reports filed with the Missouri Ethics Commission, when applicable, for all previous elections in which you were a candidate
Elections for the board - which consists of seven members, as mandated by state law - are held the first Tuesday in April each year. Candidate filing for a board position opens the fourteenth Tuesday before the election and closes the ninth Tuesday before the election. Candidates must file at the District's central office, 400 E. Lockwood Ave., Webster Groves.
Board members serve three-year terms. Members' terms are staggered; board positions are open each April.