Homework Hotline ~
Homework improves your child's thinking and memory. It helps your child develop positive study skills and habits that will serve him or her well throughout life.
Homework encourages your child to use time wisely. ... as well as teaching your child to take responsibility for his or her work.
Weekly skill builders will be sent home.
Weekly Sight Words
15 MINUTES OF NIGHTLY READING
Language Arts homework will consist of multiple faucets. Reading scholars are asked to identify and use the following story elements and strategies with each book.
- Predictions: Using pictures and/or the title to make a guess about the stories theme
- Character: Who or what the story is about
- Setting: Where the story takes place
- Beginning of the Story: Introduction to the problem
- Middle of the Story: Sequential details of story events
- Ending of the Story: How the problem was solved
- Personal Connections: A related event to one's own life
- Main Idea: Summarize the overall message of the story
- Retell: Give a sequential account of the story
- A hands-on activity to retell your story.