- Must be in classroom when the bell rings
- Cannot enter 1st hour class without a red office pass after 8:35, office will track 1st hour tardies.
- 2nd through 7th Hour Tardy Policy
- 1st tardy: warning
- 2nd tardy: call home and warning about 3rd tardy
- 3rd tardy: detention with teacher
- 4th tardy and beyond: referral to the office and a consequence from administration
- Once you have your materials, make your way to your class
- If you can’t remember your locker combo, go find a teacher on your team
- Leave backpacks in lockers, but you may bring a small cinch sac to class
- Leave large coats in lockers
- Students are expected to use the restroom during passing periods.
- Bathroom visits during class are at the discretion of the teacher.
- Must sign out via classroom sign out sheet
- Use the bathrooms and water fountains in the 7th grade hallway closest to Team Yellow classrooms.
- Classroom supplies
- For every class, please bring:
- Writing utensil
- Independent reading book
- Repeatedly arriving to class unprepared could result in teacher given consequences.
- Visiting the Counselor
- Submit request form via link on Hixson website
- Counselor will call you down to their office when they are available
- Visiting the nurse
- A pass from the teacher is required
- Use only your teacher assigned chromebook.
- Carry your computer with two hands. Do NOT grab or carry your Chromebook by the display screen.
- At the end of the hour, return your computer to the assigned charger/area.
- Should be silent and left in lockers. Phones are allowed only before the first bell (8:25am), at lunch and after the dismissal bell (3:15pm)for the day.
- Phones should NOT be out during passing time, restroom use, or in class
- Misuse will result in:
- First Offense - Cell phone taken away and locked in the office. The student picks the phone up at the end of the day and the office emails parents.
- Second Offense - Cell phone taken away and locked in the office. The student picks up the phone at the end of the day. The office contacts the parents and an after school detention is assigned.
- Third Offense - Cell phone taken away and locked in the office. The parent must pick up the phone at the end of the day. The office contacts parents and an after school detention is assigned.
- Further Offenses - Consequence issued depending on situation:
- After school detention
- Time spent in Hixson Restorative Center
- Loss of phone privileges on campus.
- If you need to contact your child during the school day please call the main office at 314-963-6450.
- Bus and bike riders will be dismissed at 3:15 by administrator announcement. All bus and bike riders must have a pass to leave at the first dismissal.
- Walkers and car riders will be dismissed at 3:20 by a second administrator announcement.
- Check Team Yellow website for work missed for the day.
- If a student is absent for multiple days, contact core teachers for make up work
- Homework assignments can be found on the Team Yellow website
- Social studies- due as assigned
- ELA- reading each night
- Science- complete as assigned
Please allow Yellow Team teachers a 24 hour window to return phone calls or emails.