- Must be in classroom when the bell rings
- Cannot enter 1st hour class without a red office pass after 8:35, office will track 1st hour tardies.
- 2nd through 7th Hour Tardy Policy
- 1st tardy: warning
- 2nd tardy: call home and warning about 3rd tardy
- 3rd tardy: detention with teacher
- 4th tardy and beyond: referral to the office and a consequence from administration
- Once you have your materials, make your way to your class
- If you can’t remember your locker combo, go find a teacher on your team
- Leave backpacks in lockers, but you may bring a small cinch sac to class
- Leave large coats in lockers
- Students are expected to use the restroom during passing periods.
- Bathroom visits during class are at the discretion of the teacher.
- Must sign out via classroom sign out sheet
- Use the bathrooms and water fountains in the 7th grade hallway closest to Team Yellow classrooms.
- For every class, please bring:
- Writing utensil
- Independent reading book
- Repeatedly arriving to class unprepared could result in teacher given consequences.
- Visiting the Counselor
- Submit request form via link on Hixson website
- Counselor will call you down to their office when they are available
- Visiting the nurse
- A pass from the teacher is required
- Use only your teacher assigned chromebook.
- Carry your computer with two hands. Do NOT grab or carry your Chromebook by the display screen.
- At the end of the hour, return your computer to the assigned charger/area.
- Should be silent and out of view in classrooms.
- Use in class will be by teacher direction only.
- Each incidence of improper use will result in the phone being taken by the teacher and turned into the office
- First Offense -Verbal Warning. Student picks phone up at end of the day from office. Teacher contacts parent.
- Second Offense - Principal calls home, student picks phone up at the end of the day from the office and student receives after school detention.
- Third Offense - Principal calls home, parent must pick up phone from the office, student receives after school detention.
- Bus and bike riders will be dismissed at 3:15 by administrator announcement. All bus and bike riders must have a pass to leave at the first dismissal.
- Walkers and car riders will be dismissed at 3:20 by a second administrator announcement.
- Check Team Yellow website for work missed for the day.
- If a student is absent for multiple days, contact core teachers for make up work
- Homework assignments can be found on the Team Yellow website
- Social studies: due as assigned
- ELA: reading 30 minutes each night
- Science: complete as assigned
Please allow Yellow Team teachers a 24 hour window to return phone calls or emails.