A school counselor can help students and their families in many ways. Here are just some of things we can help with here at Hixson.
- We interact daily with the students during passing periods, at lunch, and one- on- one at student/parent or teacher request.
- We handle registration and schedule changes for students
- We work with students and their families on social, academic and family issues.
- We can provide a list of resources for families.
- We can help mediate conflicts between students.
- We teach guidance lessons
- Lesson topics include career exploration, bullying, diversity, being ready/respectful/responsible students, and registration.