Open to Grades: 11-12
WG Thrive Incubator provides high school students with dynamic, immersion-based student learning experiences to ensure students can understand and respond to an ever-changing world. To accomplish this task, the Webster Groves School District will actively engage and work collaboratively with business partners, community service and educational leaders to design and develop mutually beneficial learning experiences based on the interests of students and stakeholders. Thrive is an example of how business, community and public education can partner to produce personalized learning experiences that educate the workforce of the future, especially in high skill, high demand jobs.
Why the WG Thrive Incubator? Industry states 51% of college graduates are lacking the skills essential for success in the professional workplace. Thrive Incubator provides a safe, challenging and innovative environment that exposes students to real entrepreneurial opportunities with the support of industry and community leaders designed to:
- Discover passions in an authentic experiential learning environment
- Develop critical thinking, leadership, communication, curiosity, grit, perseverance, creativity and time management skills
- Fostering a growth mindset
- Build confidence and emotional intelligence
In order to prepare students to understand and respond to an ever-changing world, we must provide opportunities for students to experience the world outside of school. Thrive provides students with a learning opportunity where they can work with industry mentors, visit authentic worksites and learn from one another as they work on real-world, authentic projects connected to their career interests and aspirations. Thrive entrepreneurs will validate their ideas, perfect a pitch, and seek resources and opportunities that foster growth mindset through start-up launch endeavors.
How do I apply?
- Applicants must complete the online application form.
- Applicants will create and submit a video pitch (must be 30 seconds or longer). Students have three options for their pitch:
- I am pitching an existing business
- I am pitching a product/service idea
- I don’t have a specific idea yet, but I want to pitch myself and why I want to be a part of the Incubator
How is my application evaluated?
Pitch videos will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Vision: pitch identifies a compelling need and clear, original solution
- Feasibility: there is potential for this product/service
- Overall presentation:
- Overall presentation: