Student Success Skills
Student Skills Necessary for Success in Virtual Courses
- Student has demonstrated time-management skills that indicate the student is capable of submitting assignment and completing course requirements without reminders
- Student has demonstrated persistence in overcoming obstacles and willingness to seek assistance when needed.
- Student has demonstrated verbal or written communication skills that would allow the student to succeed in an environment where the instructor may not provide nonverbal cues to support the student’s understanding.
- Student has the necessary computer or technical skills to succeed in a virtual course.
- Student has access to technology resources to participate in a virtual course.
- Consideration of the student’s previous success (or struggle) in virtual coursework.