English, Drama, Music, Art, Social Studies, Chelsea Center
World Languages, SSD
Science, FACS, Business, Industrial Technology
Math, P. E.
We're looking forward to meeting with you.
The purpose of the conference is to give parents and teachers an opportunity to discuss student progress and to work together to ensure student achievement. All teachers will be grouped by academic departments and will be located in the cafeteria, PV Commons, Multi-purpose room, and library (look for the colored banners). Parents should know the names of the teachers they wish to visit in each department. We urge you to visit as many of your child’s teachers as time permits. Please bring a printed copy of your child’s progress report with you or review on your device prior to attending.
Conferences will be a combination of scheduled and unscheduled. Up to SEVEN minutes will be allotted for each conference. We believe we can serve more people with this arrangement. For walk-up times, sign-up sheets are available on each teacher’s table for parents to register if they wish to see that teacher.
We will be using the PTCFast system for scheduling conferences. Please see instructions below on how to schedule conference times.
As you prepare for conferences, here are some things to keep in mind:
- Teachers will call all parents who they have the greatest need to meet.
- Please check your child's progress online in the Parent Portal. This will assist in determining whether you need to schedule a conference/meet with a teacher.
- You may choose not to see all or any of your child's teachers, depending on their progress.
For specific questions, an email to the teacher may suit your needs.
We look forward to meeting with you. If you desire more than the seven minutes allowed at these conferences, please set up an individual teacher conference.
How to Schedule Conferences with Your Child's Teachers
Conferences will be scheduled online using www.ptcfast.com. Please note that you must have a personal email account (ex. Yahoo, Hotmail, Gmail, etc.) in order to schedule a conference for your student. Conferences will be scheduled on a first come, first served basis. You must register your student for each teacher with whom you wish to meet.
Please click on or enter the following web address into your browser window to get started:
Next, select your child's teacher; you can select more than one if applicable to your family. You will then register your child's name, then your name and contact information. This creates a registration for each child and sends you a confirmation email with a link to choose a conference time for that teacher. It is a two-step process, as the first registration just gets you into the system. Going to the email that is generated from your registration and clicking on the active link will allow you to choose a conference time for the teacher.
Once you have chosen a time for each teacher with whom you wish to visit, you will receive a confirmation email with the schedule.
How to maximize your conference time during walk-up hours:
1. Sign up with all teachers first; then wait. Stop and sign up at each table for every teacher you wish to visit.
2. Visit the electives tables while you wait—they most likely have the shortest wait times.
3. Go back to the tables at which you signed up and wait for your name to be called. It’s a good idea to visit science and math together and communication arts and social studies together, since they are grouped in the same areas.