January 25, 2018
January 25, 2018
Betsy Moppert - CO, ER
John M Thomas - CO
Meghan Haines - ST, AV
Neshama Roash - AV, ST, HX
Casey Ann Merriman - BR
Kristina Stuber - ER, HS
Jessica Griffin - ER
- Facebook Page - what do we really want? Purpose? Audience?
- Not yet, until we have a stronger focus
- Possibly look at adding information on new website
- What is the best way to share wellness information with parents?
- Evening workshops?
- Presentations for families?
- District website?
- Building emails (Sunday Scoop) vs. district email?
- Need to be concise and to the point
- Depends on the topic
- Interactive would be great
- 1 time a year - have a speaker series, wellness night, food prep night about healthy eating
- Adding a wellness focus to PE classes, counselor’s lessons, health lessons
- Nancy Schubert-Pelant
- What can we change and what can’t we change? What can we change now for the remaining contract?
- Can we look at seasoning alternatives; sea salt, hot sauce, other condiments etc.
- Lunch prices
- $2.75 or $0.40 for reduced lunch
- We are on the low end of pricing in county
- $3.29 for free and $2.89 for reduced from state reimbursement
- 30% of students participate in the lunch program
- Less than 25-30 staff members participate
- We pay Chartwells an Admin fee but we set lunch prices and we can get involved in menus and options offered
- USDA sets nutrition requirements
- Send out for bids in the Fall
- We can to set how we want the program to look like and then the food service company follows what we want.
- We need to watch costs constraints and equity for all students to participate. Look at having a basic lunch at low cost and options for a higher costs possibly
- Meghan Haines shares lunch menus
- Info about Maryville University’s unique, sustainable food service program:
- Farm to School:
- Sustainable School Food:
- A few local schools with innovative healthy food programs:
- Look at wellness policies
- Possible Subgroups under this committee to start setting up
- Staff wellness?
- School lunches?
- Student wellness/mental health?
- Family wellness?
- Physical fitness?
- Curriculum review of wellness