1. All bug spray and sunscreen should be placed inside a gallon sized plastic baggie and clearly labeled with your child's name and homeroom teacher's name.
2. Medications should be in the original packaging, clearly labeled, and in a plastic baggie as well. Please only send the medication needed for the time we are way. Medication should be brought to the Nurse by Monday. Please contact Nurse Bielik if you have further questions.
3. Please watch the weather and pack appropriately.
- We ask that all Vega students arrive between 7:50-8:15 that morning so that the other students have already been dropped off and the driveway is cleared for our needs as we prepare to leave.
- Please pack a sack lunch in a disposable bag. Students should carry this in their string bag/small backpack.
- A REUSABLE water bottle is a MUST! Please make sure your child's name is clearly labeled on the bottle. This should also be filled and carried in their string bag. When the students arrive at Wyman, they will promptly go to their first activity.
- Students will check-in in the cafeteria, then go to the auditorium to wait until 8:30 when the buses will leave for Wyman.
- The buses will leave Wyman at 11AM and will arrive at Steger about 11:30AM.
- Upon our arrival at Steger, students should accompany their families home for the remainder of the day.
Vega - October 8th-11th
We at Steger are getting excited as our long-anticipated trips to Camp Wyman draw near. There may be questions about how to prepare for camp. This packet gives you and your family the information you need and provides details on things you need to do to be ready for the camp experience. Your children will participate in a range of activities designed to support the science and American history curriculum, challenge them to work together to solve problems and perseverance, and build camaraderie among the other kids who will go on to middle school and high school together. The activities will include aquatic ecology, living history, teams course, rock wall/crate climb, target sports, fishing, and geocaching. All sessions are taught by Wyman staff or Steger teachers with support from trained high school counselors. Each child will participate with their groups in every activity throughout the days we are at camp. Camp Wyman is a long-honored tradition in the Webster Groves School District. Whether your child is a novice camper or a seasoned outdoorsperson, be assured that the Steger and Wyman staff have planned carefully to make your child’s experience a long-lasting and positive memory.