WGHS 2022 Summer School Opportunities/Program Information and Rules
WGHS 2022 Summer School Opportunities/Program Information and Expectations
Summer School Session: June 6th - July 8th 2022 Monday - Friday
*All courses available pending staffing.
The application for WGHS Summer School will open on Thursday, March 17, 2022 at 8:30 a.m. Completing an application does not guarantee enrollment as enrollment is conducted on a first-come, first-served basis. Please note that we will be offering online (100% asynchronous) and in-person courses at WGHS for the 2022 Summer School program. Courses with fewer than 15 students will not be offered.
You will receive an email regarding your enrollment status (enrolled or wait listed) by the beginning of April. If enrolled, a course schedule with teacher information will be mailed home one week prior to the start of summer school with classroom numbers.
During the summer session, attendance is most important because of the condensed period in which we have to work. Doctor appointments are unexcused for summer school and count towards absences and tardies.
- With this in mind, the following attendance regulations have been adopted:
- A student may not accumulate more than 3 absences in a class.
- Any students arriving after the start of a class (5 minutes) will be considered tardy.
- Any students leaving prior to the end of class (less than 30 minutes) will be considered tardy.
- Any student arriving/leaving more than 30 minutes after the start/end of a class will be given an absence for the class even if he or she remains/stays the rest of the class period.
- Three (3) tardies to a class will be equal to one absence.
- Any student exceeding the three (3) absences for a class will receive a grade of “F” for the class and will be withdrawn from the class with no credit.
- Any student who is withdrawn from a class after three (3) days of summer school will be issued and “F” for the specified class.
- PE - Students will be graded on attendance and participation. Due to the length of summer school
classes, please note that if a student sustains an injury while enrolled in PE and needs to miss more than 3 days of class participation due to the injury the student will need to be withdrawn from the summer PE course.
ALL WGHS SCHOOL RULES WILL BE ENFORCED DURING SUMMER SCHOOL
Please note that consequences for discipline issues may be increased due to the short length of summer school. Disciplinary infractions may include withdrawal from summer school. If withdrawn, students will receive no credit for their course(s).
For additional questions please contact
Ms. Stacia Giulvezan Summer School Principal, 314-918-4118 or email email@example.com