BOARD CANDIDATE INFORMATION
BOARD OF EDUCATION CANDIDATE FILING - APRIL 2, 2024 ELECTION
The Webster Groves School District will accept declarations of candidacy from any person interested in running for a position on the School Board in the April 2, 2024 election. Persons interested can file at the district office at 400 E. Lockwood Ave., Webster Groves.
- Filing will begin Dec. 5, 2023, at 8 a.m. by a random drawing and will continue through regular business hours, Mon. – Fri. from 8:30 a.m.- 4:00 p.m. (except for 1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. each day).
- Filing will end on Dec. 26, 2023 when the office will be open from 4:00-5:00 p.m.
- Filing will not occur on days that the district office is closed for inclement weather and Dec. 22 and Dec. 25 during winter break. For those filing on the first day (Dec. 5), ballot order will be determined by a random drawing. Those filing after that date will appear on the ballot in the order in which they filed.
There are (2) positions available with two-year terms (April 2024-April 2027).
A school board member must be:
- A U.S. citizen.
- A resident taxpayer of the Webster Groves School District.
- A resident of Webster Groves School District and Missouri for a minimum of one year immediately preceding the election or appointment.
- At least 24 years old.
Candidates must also be current on state and local taxes; have not been found guilty of or pled guilty to a felony under Missouri or federal law; are not registered or required to register as a sex offender; and have filed required campaign documents with the Missouri Ethics Commission, when applicable, for all previous elections in which they were candidates.
A Board Candidate Orientation is scheduled at 5:30 p.m. on November 29 in the Administration Office-Board Room, 400 E. Lockwood Ave.
Board candidate packets will be available to pick-up the week of November 27th. If you would like to receive a board candidate packet prior to December 5th (the first day of filing), please contact the Secretary to the Board Shari Meyers at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SCHOOL BOARD CANDIDATES (in ballot order) - will be posted after 5:00 p.m. on December 26
The League of Women Voters will be sponsoring a forum for candidates running for the Webster Groves School District Board of Education.
March 2024 (TBD) - Hixson Middle School Auditorium, 630 S. Elm Ave., 7:00 pm-8:30 pm.
Community members can submit questions for the candidates here: