BOARD OF EDUCATION CANDIDATE FILING - APRIL 4, 2023 ELECTION
The Webster Groves School District will accept declarations of candidacy from any person interested in running for a position on the School Board in the April 4, 2023 election. Persons interested can file at the district office at 400 E. Lockwood Ave., Webster Groves.
- Filing will begin Dec. 6, 2022, at 8 a.m. and will continue through regular business hours, Mon. – Fri. from 8:30 a.m.- 4:00 p.m. (except for 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. each day).
- Filing will end on Dec. 27, 2022 when the office will be open from 3-5 p.m.
- Filing will not occur on days that the district office is closed for inclement weather and Dec. 22–Jan. 2 during winter break. For those filing on the first day (Dec. 6), ballot order will be determined by a random drawing. Those filing after that date will appear on the ballot in the order in which they filed.
There are (3) positions available with three-year terms (April 2023-April 2026).
A school board member must be:
- A U.S. citizen.
- A resident taxpayer of a district or voters of the district in urban districts.
- A resident of Missouri for at least one year.
- At least 24 years old.
Candidates must also be current on state and local taxes; have not been found guilty of or pled guilty to a felony under Missouri or federal law; are not registered or required to register as a sex offender; and have filed required campaign documents for all previous campaigns, if any.
A Board Candidate Orientation in November (date TBD) at the district office, 400 E. Lockwood Ave., Webster Groves
Board packets will be available to pick up at the district office during the last week of November. If you would like to receive a board candidate packet prior to December 6th, please contact the Secretary to the Board Shari Meyers at email@example.com.