BOARD CANDIDATES WHO HAVE FILED FOR THE APRIL 5, 2022 ELECTION:
1 YEAR TERM - Tara Scheer, Barbara Strang, Courtney Schaefer, Rebecca (Becca) Riley
3 YEAR TERM - Justin Hauke, Brian Middendorf, Alex Kahn, Allen Todd, Robert (Bob) Dorries Jr., Joshua (Josh) Rainey
A Board Candidate Forum will be held on Wednesday, March 30 in the auditorium at Hixson Middle School, 630 S. Elm Ave. at 7:00 p.m. for candidates to answer questions from the community.
BOARD OF EDUCATION CANDIDATE FILING - APRIL 5, 2022 ELECTION
The Webster Groves School District will accept declarations of candidacy from any person interested in running for a position on the School Board in the April 5, 2022 election. Persons interested can file at the district office at 400 E. Lockwood Ave., Webster Groves.
- Filing will begin Dec. 7, 2021, at 8 a.m. and will continue through regular business hours, Mon. – Fri. from 8:30 a.m.- 4:00 p.m. (except for 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. each day).
- Filing will end on Dec. 28 when the office will be open from 3-5 p.m.
- Filing will not occur on days that the district office is closed for inclement weather and Dec. 22–Dec. 27 during winter break.
For those filing on the first day (Dec. 7), ballot order will be determined by a random drawing. Those filing after that date will appear on the ballot in the order in which they filed.
There are (2) positions available with three-year terms (April 2022-April 2025) and (1) position with a one-year term (April 2022-April 2023). Candidates must choose either the one-year term or three-year term position at the time of filing.
A school board member must be:
- A U.S. citizen.
- A resident taxpayer of a district or voters of the district in urban districts.
- A resident of Missouri for at least one year.
- At least 24 years old.
Candidates must also be current on state and local taxes; have not been found guilty of or pled guilty to a felony under Missouri or federal law; are not registered or required to register as a sex offender; and have filed required campaign documents for all previous campaigns, if any.
A Board Candidate Orientation will be held on Nov. 16 at 6 p.m. at the district office, 400 E. Lockwood Ave., Webster Groves
If you would like to receive a board candidate packet prior to December 7th, please contact Board Secretary Shari Meyers at email@example.com.