Hudson was built in 1945 with a total of seven rooms, originally as part of the Rock Hill School District. That district merged with the Webster Groves School District three year later.
In the 1950s, the district added more classrooms, a gymnasium, a cafeteria and other rooms to the building. The school is named after the street on which it is located.
Hudson has developed a Youth Garden with assistance from the Missouri Botanical Garden, which serves as an outdoor classroom. Children, families and school staff nurture the garden through the year.
Hudson has received a Bronze Award for its use of Positive Behavior Interventions and Support.
Hudson's school mission serves as the guide for all the school does: The Hudson School Community is committed to assisting students to achieve their personal and academic best by providing them with a diverse education in a positive, child-centered environment that promotes responsibility, respect and excellence.