There are two governing bodies for college athletics:
- National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA)
- National Association Of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA)
There are three divisions of NCAA teams: Division I, Division II, Division III
What are the differences?
- The size of the school’s investment in its athletic programs
- The higher the division the greater the investment
- This commitment is reflected in the number of teams it sponsors, the number of scholarships it offers, and time commitment it requires of its student-athletes
Students who wish to play NCAA Division I or Division II athletics or NAIA athletics, must be “cleared” or approved to participate. Students should register with the NCAA and/or NAIA Clearinghouse during their junior year.
For a list of WGHS' NCAA List of Approved Courses click here.
varies for Division I and II. Click here to download more information.
Click here to download the NCAA Guide for the College Bound Athlete.
Must have 2 of the following:
- Minimum SAT 860 or ACT 18
- Overall high school gpa of 2.0
- Graduate in upper half of high school class
Click here to download the NAIA Guide for the College Bound Athlete.