WGHS 2019 Extended School Year Opportunities/Program Information and Rules
Summer School Session: May 30th -July 3, 2019
The application for WGHS Summer School will open on Friday, March 1st 2019 at 7:30 a.m. Completing an application does not guarantee enrollment as enrollment is conducted on a first come, first served basis. Courses with fewer than 15 students will not be offered.
You will receive an email regarding your enrollment status (enrolled or wait listed) by the end of April. If enrolled, a course schedule with room numbers and teacher information will be mailed home one week prior to the start of summer school.
During the summer session, attendance is most important because of the condensed period in which we have to work.
Dr. appointments are unexcused for summer school and count towards absences and tardies.
With this in mind, the following attendance regulations have been adopted:
- A student may not accumulate more than 3 absences in a class.
- Any students arriving after the start of a class (5 minutes) will be considered tardy.
- Any students leaving prior to the end of class (less then 30 minutes) will be considered tardy.
- Any student arriving/leaving more than 30 minutes after the start/end of a class will be given an absence for the class even if he or she remains/stayed the rest of the class period.
- Three (3) tardies to a class will be equal to one absence.
- Any student exceeding the three (3) absences for a class will receive a grade of “F” for the class and will be withdrawn from the class with no credit.
- Any student who is withdrawn from a class after one week of summer school will be issued an “F" for the specified class.
- PE – Students will be graded on attendance and participation. Due to the length of summer school classes, please note that if a student sustains an injury while enrolled in PE and needs to miss more the 3 days of class participation due to the injury the student will need to be withdrawn from the summer PE course.
ALL WGHS SCHOOL RULES WILL BE ENFORCED DURING SUMMER SCHOOL
Please note that consequences for discipline issues maybe increased due to the short length of summer school. Disciplinary infractions may include withdrawl from summer school. If withdrawn, students will receive no credit for their course(s).
For additional questions please contact Mrs. Smith, Summer School Secretary, at 963-6400 ext. 11917