Equity in Action Committee
The role of the Equity in Action Committee (formerly Equity in Education Committee) is to act as a district committee that provides feedback to the district administration and Board of Education regarding the district’s anti-bias/anti-racism work, particularly in the areas of curricula, professional development, hiring and retention, school culture, and family/community engagement. The Equity in Action Committee will be guided by the WGSD Equity Resolution and Anti-Bias/Anti-Racism Policy.
Meets: 4 times per year from 5:30 - 7:00 p.m., WGSD Service Center 3232 S. Brentwood Blvd Webster Groves, MO 63119
2023 - 2024 Dates: September 25, November 20, January 29, and April 22
Chair: Director, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Co-Chair Director, Learning Support Services
Length of term: 3 years
The voting membership will include the Assistant Superintendent of Learning, SSD Director of Special Education, and one representative from each school and WAFC, a student from the High School Principal Advisory Committee, Business/Operations, and Human Resources. The committee will be chaired by the Director of DEI and co-chaired by the Director of Learning Support Services. Members from the WGSD, PTOs, and the community are encouraged and welcome to attend the EIA’s meetings.
Equity in Action Committee will:
- Review and examine District disaggregated data to identify strengths and any bias that may prevent students from succeeding.
- Celebrate individuals, groups, and schools making significant contributions toward becoming an inclusive and equitable community.
- Collect and maintain updates from each school’s PTO equity committee.
- Highlight best practices for embedding equity into practice.
- Serve as a catalyst for community actions and resources directed toward becoming an inclusive and equitable school.