Prop S updates
Thanks to community support of Prop S last summer, we are addressing infrastructure, maintenance, accessibility and safety needs in the district. Over the next few years, schools will see improvements to windows, doors, boilers, HVAC units, security cameras and more. In addition, Knight Auditorium will undergo accessibility improvements and new lighting and audio systems. Other updates include:
- Boilers in Clark Elementary, Edgar Road Elementary and Hudson Elementary schools are scheduled to be replaced this summer.
- Interior doors are being surveyed and an installation timeline will be developed afterwards with the project continuing into the 2024-25 school year.
- Rooftop units at Walter Ambrose Family Center and Givens are scheduled for installation in 2024.
- Planning and design for safety and security upgrades including fire alarm and security systems are underway.
- Upgrades to Kopplin Field, including new surfaces is in the design stage.
- Major updates to Moss Field are scheduled to be completed in 2024. This includes ADA compliant entries and restrooms, a new parking lot, beachers, eight-lane track, field and more.
Stay up to date on all Prop S projects as we continue the work thanks to our community!