Most Chromebook issues may require you to visit the district's Technology Department. However, here are a few things you can try to resolve common issues:
Won't Turn On
Plug in your Chromebook and see if the power light comes on. It should either be White or Amber. If the lights illuminate, let the Chromebook charge for an hour with the lid closed. If the light still remains on after an hour charging but the Chromebook still will not turn on.
1. Hold the Powerpowerkey + Refresh key for 20 to 30 seconds
2. Release the keys
3. Hold the Power key for 3 seconds
This should force reboot the chromebook.
If the light only briefly turns on when plugged in. The battery has completely discharged. To fix this:
1. Make sure the lid is closed
2. Plug in the power until the light goes out
3. Unplug and Replug back in until the light goes out
4. Do this at least six times.
5. On the seventh try holding the power button down just after you plug in the power.
Add or Remove the On-Screen Keyboard
Click at the bottom-right corner of the Chromebook's screen (where the clock is).
Choose the Accessibility settings. Check (or uncheck) the option for the on-screen keyboard.
Change Screen Resolution
To make your screen bigger, decrease resolution: Press Ctrl and Shift and Plus.
To make your screen smaller, increase resolution: Press Ctrl and Shift and Minus.
Reset resolution: Press Ctrl and Shift and 0.
Make a Page Larger or Smaller
You can make the page you're looking at bigger or smaller, but keep other parts of your screen the same size.
To make the page bigger: Press Ctrl and Plus.
To make the page smaller: Press Ctrl and Minus.
Reset zoom: Press Ctrl and 0.