General cleaning tips
- Use a lint-free cloth, such as a screen wipe or a cloth made from microfiber.
- Avoid excessive wiping and submerging item in cleanser to avoid damage.
- Unplug all external power sources and cables.
- Do not use aerosol sprays, bleach or abrasive cleaners.
- Ensure moisture does not get into any openings to avoid damage.
- Never spray cleaner directly on an item.
Approved COVID-19 disinfectants safe for computers, accessories and electronics
- Isopropyl alcohol or rubbing alcohol with at least 70 percent alcohol – undiluted – or 99 percent isopropyl alcohol diluted with purified water - dilute by adding 1 part water to 2 parts of this 99% isopropyl alcohol - will kill coronavirus on surfaces in about 30 seconds.
- Clorox disinfectant wipe or a wipe containing 70% alcohol
- Using a Clorox disinfectant wipe or a wipe containing 70% alcohol, gently and carefully wipe the hard, nonporous surface of the item. This includes the display, touchscreen keyboard, mouse and the exterior surface of the item.
- When using a disinfectant wipe, it is important to follow the contact time found on the label. It may be necessary to use more than one wipe to keep the surface wet for the recommended contact time.
- Do not use fabric or leather surfaces on items, as this can scratch or damage to the items.
- Do not use bleach to disinfect computers and electronics.