Make Ten Memory
2 or more players
1 deck of cards-remove the face cards and the 10s (Note: Ace = 1)
Goal: Create sums of ten
- Shuffle the cards and place them face down in rows and columns.
- The first player turns over a card and determines how many more they need to make ten.
- The same player turns over a second card.
- If the sum of the two cards is ten, the player removes the cards.
- If the sum of the two cards is not ten, the player turns them face down again in their original position.
Extend the Thinking: Tell how many more or how many fewer than ten the sum of the two cards is.
- The other player(s) take a turn.
- Play alternates and continues until all of the cards have been removed.
- The player with the most cards at the end of the game is the winner.