Close to 20
1 Regular Deck of Cards - remove the face cards and jokers
- Deal 5 cards to each player.
- Take turns. On each turn:
- Choose 3 cards that make a total as close to 20 as possible.
- Record the total of the 3 cards, and your score. Your score is the difference between your total and 20. Use this recording sheet or a regular sheet of paper.
- (For younger students, it may help if they use pennies to keep track of their score.)
- Put those cards aside and take 3 new cards.
- After each player has taken 5 turns, total your score.
- The player with the lowest total score is the winner.