- Hudson Elementary
- Hudson Home
May 14, 2021
Hello Hudson Families. Please see below for helpful information:
- 19: Hudson Field Day for Grades 3-5 from 12-2 (Virtual students are welcome to attend if they choose to do so. Please let your teacher(s) know if your student(s) plan to attend. Please see flyer for more information.)
- 20: Grade 5 Lip Dub
- 26: Hudson Field Day for Grades K-2 from 12-2 (Virtual students are welcome to attend if they choose to do so. Please let your teacher(s) know if your student(s) plan to attend. Please see flyer for more information.)
- 27: HUDSTOCK: AM for Grades K-2 and PM for Grades 3-5 (Virtual students are welcome to attend if they choose to do so. Please let your teacher(s) know if your student(s) plan to attend. )
- 28: Grade 5 Graduation @ 9:00 outside (Grade 5 teachers sent information to families about this event.)
- 28: Last Day of School/Early Release @ 11:45
Device Return for Virtual Students
If your student is virtual and has a device checked out, please have the device returned to Hudson no later than Friday, May 28th @ 3:00. The office is open between 7:30 and 3:00 daily.
Hudson Dine Out-Parkmoor
Please see the attached flyer for our next dine out event!
Please join me in congratulating Marcia Williams who has decided to retire at the end of this year!
Research proves that students who read over the summer maintain or even improve their reading skills. In fact, students in grades three and up who read four or five books over the summer can prevent summer reading loss! Talking and writing about books is also highly beneficial. To access book lists, please visit the Webster Groves School District Summer Reads website.
To earn a free book, please read or listen to the number of books listed for your grade level. These books should be at an appropriate level for you. If you read more, that’s great! Just continue to add to the document!
Use this link to print your Webster Reads form!
Summer Math Practice
If you are looking for ways to practice math this summer our District Math Coordinator, Susan Bergman, has shared the following websites:
Please see the information below from the District:
In February, the Webster Groves City Council made a significant change to the Aquatic Center’s admission policy --they removed the requirement that non-Webster Groves residents could only access the pool if they had a Webster Groves sponsor. Now, everyone (regardless of residency) can access the pool and there is a resident and non-resident daily admission rate. In support of creating a consciously inclusive community, Webster Rock Hill Ministries, The Alliance for Interracial Dignity, and the Webster Groves School District have joined together to create the Freestyle Pool Pass. The Freestyle Pool Pass strives to remove barriers to the community swimming pool by providing free daily passes for individuals and families (WG residents and non-residents) who require financial assistance. Thank you to our community members who believe in this initiative because we have reached our fundraising goal of $10,000. The pool will open on May 29, 2021, and additional passes will be available (as long as funds are available) at the Recreation Complex front desk this summer.
To those families who may currently be in need of financial support to access the pool, our goal (pending funding) is to provide:
- WGSD PreK – 6th grade students: 4 Freestyle Pool Passes per student upon request
- WGSD 7th – 12th grade students: 2 Freestyle Pool Passes per student upon request
- If you have more than one child attending the same WGSD school, then you will receive a family pack of Freestyle Pool Passes.
If you currently are in need of financial assistance and are interested in receiving Freestyle Pool Passes (each is good for one daily admission), then please complete this FORM by May 14, 2021, or contact your child's counselor, Claire Diemler, at 314-963-6466 or firstname.lastname@example.org. The passes will be given to your child May 24 – 26, 2021.
We look forward to seeing you at the pool this summer!
Dr. Shane Williamson Farrell Carfield and Elyssa Sullivan Emerson Smith
WGSD AID WRHM
**Families who are residents of the city of Webster Groves may also consider applying for a city recreational scholarship at https://www.webstergroves.org/611/Scholarship