- WGHS Home
NOVEMBER 1, THURSDAY - TODAY IS A DAY 7
THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 1 – TODAY IS A DAY 7
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
If you would like to attend one of these sessions, please see the counseling office for a pass.
- All students need to eat lunch in the cafeteria. Any students that eat with a teacher need to see that teacher to get a pass. No students will be allowed to leave the cafeteria without a pass.
- Just a reminder, students are not allowed to order lunch and have it delivered to school. The vendors will not be allowed in the building.
- Students need to have a library pass to visit the library during lunch.
- All students to leave the building at 3, no one is allowed to hang out in the Robert's Gym area to wait.
If you are taking the SAT this Saturday, please remember the following:
- You will need to arrive no later than 7:55 a.m. If you arrive after 8:00 a.m., you will be denied admission to the test.
- You need a photo ID AND admission ticket to be admitted to your test room.
- We no longer accept standbys.
- ALL CELL PHONES WILL BE COLLECTED PRIOR TO TESTING.
Congratulations to our November Senior of the Month…………Zach Richter. Zach was nominated by Nicholas Kirschman. Please stop by the activities office to pick up your gift.
Congratulations to our November Athletes of the Month……..Darrian Washington for Football and Elizabeth Zareh for Softball. Please stop by the activities office for your gift.
Attention all students selling Show Me Dough products, your order forms and money are due to Jaime in Room 364 tomorrow. Do not place order forms or money in her mailbox, deliver them to her in 364. No orders accepted after 3pm tomorrow.
Friendship Dance is this Saturday, November 3, from 8-11 at Kirkwood. Tickets for the dance are on sale before school, during both lunches and after school in the Activities Office. Tickets will not be sold during class time. Tickets ARE NOT sold at the door. Tickets are $12.00 today and $15.00 tomorrow. Remember that you are not allowed to purchase a ticket if you have any fines/fees. If you are purchasing a ticket for another WGHS student, you need to bring that person or their ID with you.
Attention juniors and seniors! The deadline to register for the December 8th ACT is Friday November 2nd. Register online at actstudent.org.
Submissions for the First Branch Article of 2018, Webster Groves High School literary magazine, are all due on November 10th. Submission boxes will be in the art hallway, the library and in room 214 or you can give any of your work to Mr. Leftridge, Patrick Lee, Ainsley Stewart, Christian Ragain, or Karis Robinson. Submit any kind of writing including short stories, plays, poems and more.
Please help the French National Honor Society’s drive for a local women’s shelter. In World Language classrooms, we are collecting Mugs, Hot Cocoa/Tea, Ear Buds, Jewelry, Gloves & Socks, Gift Cards ($5-$15), and other small holiday gifts, so that victims of abuse can still give holiday presents to their children. The collection runs through November 9. See Mr. Stein with any questions and thank you.
Do you like Jazz, A Cappella, Hip-hop, or alternative rock? If so, join the community of Webster Groves for Night in the Courtyard: a night featuring student performers, including WGHS A Cappella, Owen Ragland, Christian Ragain, and The Jettisons, along with local food vendors, including The Clover and the Bee, Ices Plain and Fancy, and Balkan Treat Box. Join us November 2 from 5:30-8:30 in the WGHS courtyard. Save up to half off on tickets by pre-ordering online. For more information scan a QR code from a poster in the halls or follow us on Instagram @nightinthecourtyard.
WGHS is hosting its annual Blacklight Dodgeball Tournament, and this year it is bigger and better than ever before! This year it is on Trampolines at Rockin’ Jump Shrewsbury and the winning team will receive $50 to weber's front row! This will take place on November 5th from 8 - 10 pm and will cost $15 per person. Each player will receive a T-Shirt and admission to the event. While you're not actively in the tournament, other attractions will be open. Such as trampoline basketball, stunt bags, ninja course, rock wall, and more! Concessions will also be available for purchase at the park! Get your team of 5 signed up today! You can find the link in front of Mrs. Seibes classroom or on any of the banners around the school!
DECA is hosting a Rocket League Tournament on November 10. 8:45-12:00 in the PV Commons. $15.00 per team. Sign up by November 1 outside of room 248E. There will be prizes and free donuts. $15.00 per team.
Students just a reminder that as the weather gets colder that hoods are to be removed when you enter the building. There is not a time when hoods can be worn in the building. The removal of the hood is important to school safety. If hoods are not removed, consequences will follow.
Volunteers Needed - The Rock Hill Library is very much in need of tutors Tuesdays 3:30-4:30 pm and also for special events like Halloween and Trivia night. Please see Mrs. Winkelmann in Office 157 for contact information.
Seniors—the Parent Club would like your feedback to help plan for your after graduation party. Please see your school email for a quick survey.
Attention seniors! Senior ads for the yearbook are due at the end of this month. Ads are available for purchase on the yearbook website.
CLUB / STUCO MEETINGS
- Video Game Club meets on Monday’s in room 395 from 2:45-4:00.
- Pep Club meets on Tuesdays, 7:25 a.m., in room 276.
- The Vegetarian and Vegan Club meets every Tuesday at 7:30am in room 380.
- Art club will meet Tuesdays from 2:35-4pm in room 190.
- Scholar Bowl practice Tuesday afternoon starting at 2:45 in room 200 Chelsea Center.
- Chess Club meets on Wednesday after school in room 356.
- Student Council meets every other Wednesday before and after school in the PV Commons, (next meeting is November 14).
- Student Council class meetings take place every other Wednesday after school @ 2:45pm (next meeting is November 7):
Freshmen meet in the Guidance Center (Verstraete’s office)
Sophomores meet in room 251 (Rutz’s room)
Juniors meet in 217 (Pott’s room)
Seniors meet in FACS room (Maedge’s room)
- History Club will meets every Thursday morning at 7:25 in Chelsea Center room 200.
- Anime Club meets every Thursday after school until 3:30pm in the PD Room by Jr Entrance.
- Scholar Bowl practice Thursday afternoon starting at 2:45 in room 200 Chelsea Center.
- Reminder: The Branch Creative Writing Club is meeting today (Thursday) after school at 2:35 in room 214. Be there to have a calming writing session with your peers! Write on!
- Tea Club and First Friday will be held next Friday, November 9th. (Tea club meets Friday morning in 272. All are welcome.)
Winter sports are underway - Basketball and wresting started yesterday and girls swim will begin on November 5th. You must have a physical on file in order to try out. Stop by the activities office if you would like to check to see if your physical is on file.
TODAY’S ATHLETIC EVENTS:
Varsity Soccer District Championship Game vs. St. Mary’s 6:00 @ Gateway STEM HS.
YESTERDAY’S REPORTED RESULTS:
Boys Swim in the consideration meet, 4:30 @ Rockwood Summit
Boys Varsity Soccer MSHSAA District Semifinal game beat Gateway 7-0 and will play for the district championship Thursday night at 6:00 vs. St. Mary’s at Gateway.
Do you have questions or comments for the Board of Education? Plan to attend the next "Let's Talk" session with the board, the next session will be from 6 to 8 p.m. Wed., Nov. 7 at Global Brew in Rock Hill.
For those students that would like A Plus tutoring hours, Hixon Middle School needs tutors from 3:25-4:15 Tuesdays, Weds and Thursdays. Please go to Office 157 for more information.
Marcus Theatres: Be part of the experience, now hiring, seasonal and long-term positions available – cooks, servers, assistant managers, theatre associates – become a star with Marcus Theatres and create magical experiences for our guests! Apply today: text “makeitmarcus” to 39492 or go to marcuscareers.com/DesPeres.