- WGHS Home
DECEMBER 6, THURSDAY - TODAY IS A DAY 6
THURSDAY, DECEMBER 6 – TODAY IS A DAY 6
HOLIDAY BAND CONCERT 7PM
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
If you would like to attend one of these sessions, please see the counseling office for a pass.
Final exams are scheduled for December 18-21. Students will not take finals in Academic Lab, student assistant periods, Peer Tutoring, or Study Hall. A 90-minute final exam will occur in all other classes. On December 18, everyone is expected to be in attendance, as it is a special schedule. On December 19-21, you should not be in the building if you do not have an exam or are not studying in Academic Lab; otherwise, you will be assigned to a supervised study hall. Activity buses are for athletes only. Everyone else should promptly exit the building. Students are also prohibited from going to Hixson.
If you are taking the ACT this Saturday, please remember the following:
- You will need to arrive no later than 7:55 a.m. If you arrive after 8:00 a.m., you will be denied admission to the test.
- You need a photo ID AND admission ticket to be admitted to your test room.
- Please be respectful of others when you are on your breaks, and keep noise to a minimum.
- We no longer accept standbys.
Buy candy cane reindeer (only $1 each) during lunch – send them to family and friends at any school in our district! All profits will be donated to Special Olympics.
NHS and Interact Club are sponsoring a winter clothing drive again this year to support the Little Bit Foundation. If you have any coats, hats, gloves, or other winter gear you’d like to donate, drop it off at senior entrance. The drive is ending next Friday so join us in this season of giving.
Beginning next week Dec 10-13 the library will have extended hours until 5:30pm for “studying with snacks” to allow students a quiet place to prepare for finals. Tutoring will be available and all students are welcome!
Come to the first A Cappella concert of the year tomorrow (Friday, December 7) at 7pm! A-Ladies and A-Men will perform along with the Mizzou Naturelles featuring 2 WGHS alums. Tickets are $2 for students and $4 for adults. Don’t miss this huge night of a cappella!
All laptops checked out from the library must be brought back on or before Dec. 17th so they can be updated. At that time they can be renewed for second semester.
Next Friday, Dec 14th wear your favorite ugly/cute/beautiful holiday sweater to school!
Thursday through next Monday (Dec 6 – Dec 10):
The Global Poverty class needs runners and walkers to sign up and help raise money for clean water around the world. Webster Walks for Water will be held on Thursday December 13 starting at 2:45. All you have to do is sign up in Chelsea Center and then go gather pledges from family, friends, and neighbors who will donate for how many laps you complete in a route inside the building. Then go collect the money and turn it in. Water bottles and snacks will be provided! Come to Chelsea Center to sign up and get your pledge sheet. Sign up by December 12 in Chelsea Center. Please consider joining us for this fun event as we work for a great cause.
For Tuesday and Wednesday (Dec 11 and 12) next week:
Don’t forget to sign up for Webster Walks for Water by Wednesday December 12. Just stop by Chelsea Center and raise money by walking around the building. Snacks and water provided.
Need after-school tutoring? Please see Mrs. Erb in the main office to sign-up for tutoring in the core subject areas. Walk-up after-school tutoring is no longer offered in the Tutoring Center due to lack of interest, but we’re still here to help. Sign-up anytime with Mrs. Erb!
It’s time for the Webster Challenge College Bus Tour. This year we will be traveling with Kirkwood High School to Washington D.C. March 14th -20th to visit colleges and universities along with visiting historical sites. If you would like more information regarding this college bus tour, please stop by office 157. Please know that space is limited.
Volunteers Needed - The Rock Hill Library is very much in need of tutors Tuesdays 3:30-4:30 pm and also for special events like Halloween and Trivia night. Please see Mrs. Winkelmann in Office 157 for contact information.
Earl Collins Foundation/Kiwanis Scholarship. Due date 1/15/19
Quest for Education Scholarship/Vantage Credit Union. Due date 1/18/19
National Tuskegee Airmen Scholarship (2 offerings). Due 1/25/19
Greater St. Lois Mothers of Twins Club, Inc. Scholarship. Due 2/15/19
DAR…Daughters of the American Revolution. Due 2/15/19
ACF (American College Foundation Visionary Scholarship. Due 5/1/19
CLUB / STUCO MEETINGS
- Video Game Club meets on Monday’s in room 395 from 2:45-4:00.
- Pep Club meets on Tuesdays, 7:25 a.m., in room 276.
- The Vegetarian and Vegan Club meets every Tuesday at 7:30am in room 380.
- Art club will meet Tuesdays from 2:35-4pm in room 190.
- Scholar Bowl practice Tuesday afternoon starting at 2:45 in room 200 Chelsea Center.
- Chess Club meets on Wednesday after school in room 356.
- Attention all Student Council members! Join us on Wed 12/12 after school for our annual “assembling candy cane reindeer holiday party” – we’ll have treats and play holiday music! Bring your friends!
- Student Council meets every other Wednesday before and after school in the PV Commons, (next meeting is December 12).
- Student Council class meetings take place every other Wednesday after school @ 2:45pm (next meeting is January ?):
Freshmen meet in the Guidance Center (Verstraete’s office)
Sophomores meet in room 251 (Rutz’s room)
Juniors meet in 217 (Pott’s room)
Seniors meet in FACS room (Maedge’s room)
- History Club will meets every Thursday morning at 7:25 in Chelsea Center room 200.
- ANIME CLUB IS CANCELED FOR TODAY!! (Anime Club meets every Thursday after school until 3:30pm in the PD Room by Jr Entrance.)
- Scholar Bowl practice Thursday afternoon starting at 2:45 in room 200 Chelsea Center.
- The Mindful Eating Club meets on Thursday’s after school from 2:40-3:15 in room 206.
- Tea club meets Friday morning in 272. All are welcome.
For all boys and girls interested in Track & Field in the spring, there is an informational meeting on Wednesday, December 12th at 2:45 in the Cafeteria. If you are currently in a winter sport, please stop by before your practice and pick up a meet schedule.
Any boys interested in playing baseball this spring….. There will be a baseball informational meeting on Thursday, December 13 after school in the cafeteria.
Boys Volleyball Open Gym 7:30 Auxiliary Gym.
TODAY’S ATHLETIC EVENTS:
Girls Swim vs. Clayton, 4:00 @ Webster University
Boys Basketball (JV @ Northwest HS 4:00) (Varsity opens their season hosting the 19th Annual Webster Classic in Roberts Gym, Webster vs. Gateway at 7:00, other games 4:00 Staley vs. Soldan, 5:30 CBC vs. John Burroughs and 8:30 Northwest Academy vs. Lee’s Summit. Admission is $5.00.
YESTERDAY’S REPORTED RESULTS:
JV and Varsity Wrestling at Pattonville
For those students that would like A Plus tutoring hours, Hixon Middle School needs tutors from 3:25-4:15 Tuesdays, Weds and Thursdays. Please go to Office 157 for more information.
Marcus Theatres: Be part of the experience, now hiring, seasonal and long-term positions available – cooks, servers, assistant managers, theatre associates – become a star with Marcus Theatres and create magical experiences for our guests! Apply today: text “makeitmarcus” to 39492 or go to marcuscareers.com/DesPeres.