- WGHS Home
FEBRUARY 4, MONDAY - TODAY IS A DAY 5
MONDAY, FEBRUARY 4 – TODAY IS A DAY 5
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
TODAY: Monday, February 4th
Missouri Southern State University 9:00 am
Maryville University 10:00 am
Tuesday, February 5th
Western Illinois University 9:00 am
Westminster College 10:00 am
Universal Technical Institute 1:30 pm
Wednesday, February 6th
Kansas State University 10:00 am
The University of Iowa 12:30 pm
Thursday, February 7th
Mizzou 10:00 am
If you would like to attend one of these sessions, please see the counseling office for a pass.
If you are taking the ACT this Saturday, please remember the following:
- You will need to arrive no later than 7:55 a.m. If you arrive after 8:00 a.m., you will be denied admission to the test.
- You need a photo ID AND admission ticket to be admitted to your test room.
- Please be respectful of others when you are on your breaks, and keep noise to a minimum.
- We no longer accept standbys.
All Write Artists are encouraged to visit room 198 after school on TUESDAYs. We will have open studio for you to access materials, artistic expertise and a creative community.
Tri M will be selling Krispy Kreme donuts before school this Friday at the Senior and Robert’ Gym entrances for $1 each or $10 for a dozen.
Seniors, cap and gown orders are due by February 18th. If you are attending graduation and planning on walking, please make sure you have submitted your order and payment of $29 to Ms. Cotner at the main office. If you have any questions, please see her.
Seniors: Don’t forget to submit your local scholarship applications. All are due February 14 or 15. Give yourself plenty of time to request transcripts and recommendations. Applications are available online on the Counseling Department web page. See Mrs. Erb in the main office with any questions.
CLUB / STUCO MEETINGS
- Video Game Club meets on Monday’s in room 395 from 2:45-4:00.
- Pep Club meets on Tuesdays, 7:25 a.m., in room 276.
- The Vegetarian and Vegan Club meets every Tuesday at 7:30am in room 380.
- Art club will meet Tuesdays from 2:35-4pm in room 190.
- Scholar Bowl practice Tuesday afternoon starting at 2:45 in room 200 Chelsea Center.
- Tri-M will be meeting before school at 7:30 and after school tomorrow in the Orchestra Room.
- The Interact Club will meet tomorrow morning at 7:30 in Room 374.
- Chess Club meets on Wednesday after school in room 356.
- Student Council meets every other Wednesday before and after school in the PV Commons, (next meeting is February 6th).
- Student Council class meetings take place every other Wednesday after school @ 2:45pm (next meeting is February 13th):
Freshmen meet in the Guidance Center (Verstraete’s office)
Sophomores meet in room 251 (Rutz’s room)
Juniors meet in 217 (Pott’s room)
Seniors meet in FACS room (Maedge’s room)
- History Club will meets every Thursday morning at 7:25 in Chelsea Center room 200.
- Anime Club meets every Thursday after school until 3:30pm in the PD Room by Jr Entrance.
- Scholar Bowl practice Thursday afternoon starting at 2:45 in room 200 Chelsea Center.
- The Mindful Eating Club meets on Thursday’s after school from 2:40-3:15 in room 206.
- Tea club meets Friday morning in 272. All are welcome.
- Economics Club meets every Friday after school in room 357.
TODAY’S ATHLETIC EVENTS:
Girls Basketball (JV vs. Francis Howell Central, 5:00 @ Parkway South)
YESTERDAY’S REPORTED RESULTS:
Girls Wrestling MSHSAA District Tournament @ St. Clair HS (Congratulations to @CurraheeWGHS sophomore Hannah Jansen on placing 3rd at their district tournament today and becoming the first STATE QUALIFIER in girls wrestling for @WebsterGrovesHS! Way to go Hannah!)
Girls Swim Suburban Conference Meet 4:00 @ Rockwood Summit (Conference Champions in the 200 Medley Relay. 200 individual medley all four scored. Chloe-5th and Kendra conference champion! 50 free Margot-8th, Elisabeth-5th, Madeleine-2nd, Lili – Conference Champion! 100 fly Taylor-8th, Cassidy-6th, Elisabeth-4th, Parker-Conference Champion. 400 Freestyle Relay – Conference Champions!! Elisabeth, Kendra, Lebby, Parker.
Boys Basketball @ Parkway South (FR) (JV) (Varsity won)
Girls Basketball (Varsity is hosting the Webster Winter Challenge in Roberts Gym. Webster beat Cor Jesu.)
Skatesmen playoff game: Webster vs. Fort Zumwalt East
Skatesmen playoff game: Webster vs. Francis Howell
Girls Basketball (Varsity Webster Winter Challenge final games. Great job girls as they defeated Troy 68-46 to win the consolation championship!)
Wrestling (Girls MSHSAA District Tournament @ St. Clair HS) (JV Wrestling @ the Hickman JV Meet)
It’s time for the Webster Challenge College Bus Tour. This year we will be traveling with Kirkwood High School to Washington D.C. March 14th -20th to visit colleges and universities along with visiting historical sites. If you would like more information regarding this college bus tour, please stop by office 157. Please know that space is limited.
For those students that would like A Plus tutoring hours, Hixon Middle School needs tutors from 3:25-4:15 Tuesdays, Weds and Thursdays. Please go to Office 157 for more information.
Greater St. Lois Mothers of Twins Club, Inc. Scholarship. Due 2/15/19
DAR…Daughters of the American Revolution. Due 2/15/19
ACF (American College Foundation Visionary Scholarship. Due 5/1/19
James & Nellie M. Westlake Scholarship Program is offering opportunities to apply. Due date is 2/1/2019. For more info visit https://www.sms.scholarshipapply.org/westlake.
The Jack Holley MUSIC Scholarship (MO United School Insurance Council) is available. One applicant from each high school is chosen. Due date is 2/22/2019. See Mrs. Cashel for more information. (www.musicprogram.org).
NUCOR Foundations Scholarship is available to students studying engineering or metallurgy. This is a great/generous opportunity for the right student. Due date is 3/1/2019. https://scholarshipapply.nucor.com.
Marcus Theatres: Be part of the experience, now hiring, seasonal and long-term positions available – cooks, servers, assistant managers, theatre associates – become a star with Marcus Theatres and create magical experiences for our guests! Apply today: text “makeitmarcus” to 39492 or go to marcuscareers.com/DesPeres.
Concord Animal Hospital
Tuesday and Wednesday, 3-5
Every other Saturday, 7:30am - 12:00pm
For more information, call 314-843-9055
Monmouth College offers summer opportunities for rising juniors and seniors on their campus in Monmouth, IL. Dates of the Scholars Academy at Monmouth are June 16-28, 2019. If interested in this chance to experience life on a college campus, studying new and interesting classes, see your counselor.
Need help staying warm? Think summer! WGSD summer programming will run from May 30 through July 3, 2019. More information about elementary, Adventure Club, middle school and high school offerings will be available late January/early February.