- Webster Groves SD
- WGSD Preparedness
- WGSD Preparedness
- Have a question?
- Family Resources - Medical, Financial, etc.
- Helpful Links for Parents
- Meal Assistance
- COVID-19 Infographic
- Contact Numbers
- For Staff
- Non-Public Schools CARES
Dear Webster Groves School District Families:
I am writing to let you know that following a conference call today between area school district superintendents and local health authorities, St. Louis County superintendents have decided that public school buildings will remain closed through the remainder of the school year. Although the schools are closed, online learning will continue through May 21, our last day of school.
This decision was made after careful consideration of the health information available and with the best interests of our children, staff, families and region. Below I have attached the press release about this decision.
Please know that I will continue to provide weekly updates on school district information. Please be sure to read these important messages, which will come to you through email, for additional news about this school year and next.
In the meantime, I can share information on several other related topics.
- The breakfast and lunch program offered to families will continue through the end of the school year. Information about the program can be found here.
- For those families who have paid for bus transportation, field trips and other activities that were to have taken place this spring, we are working on refunding that money and will keep you informed on when you can expect it back.
- Some students and staff need to retrieve personal items in their school buildings or return school property. We will let you know when and how we will open the buildings for this.
- If you have a child who will enter kindergarten in August, please make arrangements for enrollment by emailing email@example.com.
- Many families have filled out applications for summer school. At this point, we are assessing the feasibility of running a full K-12 program in our schools. In the next week or two, we will make a decision regarding the programming at each level.
- If you are the parent of a preschool or elementary child, we’d strongly encourage you to consider other summer options, if you were depending on the district’s summer programming to support child care.
- Principals will continue to share important information related to your specific schools. Please look for these communications. Tomorrow, high school students and families will receive important information on a variety of things including graduation, prom, etc.
I’d like to commend all of our students, staff and families for working so hard under these unusual conditions to ensure that learning and support for our children continues. With everyone working together and caring for one another, we can make a strong finish to this school year. Thank you for your efforts and your support of our children and our schools.
4.9.20 Press Release.pdf